1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? That's a toughie. I can drink hot chocolate all year, but you can really only have egg nog at Christmas. I'd probably have to say egg nog (cut with skim milk so it's not like I'm chewing my beverage)... because look! Look what they've done to egg nog these days!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? In my house Santa used to leave one big present unwrapped for us to play with. Then there were Santa presents wrapped under the tree - I think Santa used his own paper... but never used tags. He always just wrote our name (in my mom's handwriting - fancy that!) in black felt on the wrapping paper.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I go with white... I like how it makes the tree glowy.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. All mistletoe would do is remind me that there is nobody in my life to kiss.
5. Tacky holiday sweaters: yea or nay? They're fun to see on Pinterest, but I don't own any. I especially like this one...
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mashed potatoes in a pool of gravy. Really though I like anything except brussel sprouts. I've even started eating stuffing... I know... crazy!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up to find my stocking at the end of the bed. I used to practice not putting my feet all the way to the end of the bed (which is tough when you're tall) so that I wouldn't knock my stocking off my bed in the middle of the night.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My bio dad told me while we were walking home from school one day. I was in either grade 1 or 2. My bio dad was a jerk.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were younger we got to open one gift from under the tree on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights and then a specific ornament theme each year. Last year was the Canucks tree. This year is Beauty and the Beast (the tree will be getting its own post later on).
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I don't mind it. I live in Canada after all. I just don't like it when it starts to melt and everything gets all gross and slushy.
12. Can you ice skate? Yup... can't play hockey unless you can skate!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't know if I have one favorite... they're all pretty good! They're gifts after all!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family. I've only spent two Christmas' in 35 years away from home, and it really sucks not having family around.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Real shortbread cookies... the ones oozing with butter.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Well, it wasn't my favourite when I was little, but we have to eat breakfast before we open presents. When I was a kid it was torture. Now, it's not so bad since I usually sleep until 10 anyways.
17. What tops your tree? Right now a stuffed Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Last year it was a mini Canucks goalie helmet... next year? Who knows?
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Well, the spirit of Christmas is giving, but I'll admit it... I still like getting gifts too.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum. But I don't really like eating them as I get sticky.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I love any Hallmark Hall of Fame or cheesy Lifetime Christmas movie. I mean... they are usually so badly acted it's embarrassing, but I still love them so.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? There are sad Christmas songs?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night.
Ok, YOUR turn!