This week's Ten on Tuesday is all about my most favourite holiday of the year!! As always, hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.
1. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
Honestly? Like with most holidays, I think it is a money grab. If I need to tell someone I love them, I'd pick a different day to do it, a day that not everyone is telling me to do something. I'm a rebel like that.
2. Are you in love?
Only with myself. Right now that is all that matters.
3. What is your favorite love song?
I'm not sure I have one... love songs to me are usually associated with a given person at a given time.
4. Did your parents do anything for you on Valentine’s Day when you were a child?
I honestly don't remember... I'm sure we got a card and some chocolates or something.
5. What is your love language? (Click here if you want to take the quiz.)
In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
6. How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Gifts? Dinner?
Tomorrow I will be going to a class I'm taking... fun times!
7. What is your favorite flower?
The gerber daisy.
8. What is your favorite love story? (Book and/or movie.)
Anne and Gilbert in the Anne of Green Gables movies (sadly, I have done Canada wrong and not read all the books). But only the good movies... not the sub-standard sequels and prequels they've added in the last couple of years.
9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Or you have done for someone?
I'm not a huge romance person. Spend some time with me, and I'm good.
10. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
When I find him I'll let you all know!!